Her Majesty's Royal Chapel of the Mohawks
Weddings are now being booked for the summer and fall of 2013.
The Chapel provides a unique, intimate setting for weddings. We would be honoured to be made a part of your celebration.
- The Chapel, although open to all, is under the direction of the Diocese of Huron of the Anglican Church of Canada; ceremonies be considerate of those directions. It is a site for Christian weddings.
- At least one of the bride or groom must be baptized, both if there is to be communion at the wedding.
- Confetti – Please ensure that no confetti nor rice is scattered in or around the Chapel property.
- Wedding service bulletins can be used at the couple’s discretion. To be ordered through your printer, or can be arranged through the Chapel. ($30.00 fee per hundred)
- The Chapel organist has first priority to play for weddings. If a different instrumentalist is desired, this must be approved by the Chaplain. Only a qualified organist is acceptable to play the church organ, and the church organist's fee is paid in any case. Music to be used is arranged between the couple and the organist, subject to approval by the Chaplain.
- If a soloist is desired, this will he arranged by the couple. The Organist and the Soloist will arrange rehearsal times between them. (Church Organist – Barry Hill)
- Photographs – The Band Council Policy only allows for three official photographs to be taken in the Chapel by the designated photographer. 1) One photo as the Bride enters the Chapel. 2) One photo when the couple are signing the marriage register. 3) One photo as the couple depart. Video can he taken provided the camera is fixed on a tripod at the front of the Chapel and is allowed to record on its own without an operator.
- Fresh cut (flowers may be placed in the Chapel as arranged between the Chaplain and the couple, at the couple’s expense.
- Pew decorations may be used with permission from the Chaplain and at the expense of the couple.
- There will be a wedding rehearsal for all members of the wedding party, as arranged with the Officiant.
- Clergy – If a clergy person is to be used other than the Chaplain of the Chapel, arrangements must be made with the Chaplain. The Chapel Chaplain fee is paid in addition to the couple’s arrangements with the visiting clergy.
$500.00, includes Chapel Fee, Organist, Caretaker, and Clergy Fees
The Reverend Larry Brown
Holy Trinity Church Burford 519-770-6716
Mohawk Chapel 519-756-0240